WhatCulture.com is a multi-faceted sports and entertainment media site that is becoming a distinct new voice in journalism and growing at an incredible speed. We provide thoughtful, informative articles and features to an ever-expanding audience of over 5 million unique users each month.
WhatCulture.com is one of the fastest growing websites in the world and now ranks in the top 100 sites in the UK.
Content Producer (Newcastle upon Tyne)
WhatCulture.com is looking for content contributors to keep track of the entertainment and sporting scene and provide features and analysis.
The position focuses on films, gaming and music in all forms as well as a variety of different sports including – but not limited to – soccer, rugby, cricket, F1, boxing and athletics. An in-depth knowledge in two or more of these fields is preferred.
Candidates would be expected to comply to varying work hours (4-40) per week on a 3 to 6 month probationary contract (pay depending on experience) in our office located just minutes from Central Station.
- Film, gaming, music or sports fanatic with a strong understanding of their fields of expertise above and beyond the regular person on the street.
- The candidate must be able to operate competently on the internet, checking forums, blogs, monitoring sites and keeping on top of current news trends on a daily basis.
- Well-versed in social/mobile media. The candidate should be comfortable utilising Twitter, Facebook, Mobile Apps, Smartphones or Tablet Devices.
- It is vital that all candidates possess strong writing and communication skills. Editing skills and experience will stand the applicant in good stead, but is not required.
- An eye for detail, punctuation and grammar is a must.
- Must be able to work from our Newcastle office.
- While office hours are generally 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, candidates must have a flexible work schedule. News in all genres is a 24/7 business and you may be required to work evenings or weekends on occasion.
- Three to six month paid probationary period, varying work hours on contract.
- Those who thrive will be considered for a full-time employment at WhatCulture with all the benefits and incentives that brings.
Start Date/Application Deadline
- Successful candidates must be able to start work immediately.
- We will contact qualified applicants if they reach our criteria.
How To Apply
Please send us your CV and a cover letter/examples of previous writings to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The post WhatCulture Jobs – Content Producer Vacancy At Newcastle Office appeared first on WhatCulture!.